The British American Foundation of Texas (BAFTX) was established to help provide financial assistance and educational opportunities to academically-gifted students in the United Kingdom and the United States.
It offers a number of dedicated scholarships to Swansea University students participating in the University's reciprocal exchange programmes in Texas.
How to Apply: Supporting Materials
In advance of applying, students should gather/prepare the following:
- Average mark for the previous year (or semester if only one semester has been completed)
- The income and occupation of each parent & details of any other household income
- Your Academic Transcript
- Details of your activities and achievements outside of your studies, including awards, scholarships, extra-curricular activities, voluntary / community work, work experience and part-time work
- An essay (400-450 words) on the following topic: "Describe your educational and career goals and why you need a scholarship from BAFTX to achieve them. Excluding financial needs, what are the most significant challenges you expect to face in successfully completing college. How will you overcome these challenges?"
- Optional: A short video introducing yourself and telling BAFTX why you are applying for study abroad and for a BAFTX Scholarship.
Please note that you will also be asked to indicate your ethnicity and gender. These questions are optional and will only be used for statistical purposes. This information will not be visible to the selection panel.