Our facilities at the legal innovation lab
Housed in the Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law at the heart of the University’s Singleton Campus, Legal Innovation Lab Wales includes:
- A legal AI laboratory where researchers in Law and Computer Science can develop, test and apply new techniques in artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing.
- A cyber threats research suite, including space to work on sensitive data and to collaborate with partners from (e.g.) security agencies, law enforcement and technology companies.
- A legal innovation centre where law firms and technology companies can collaborate with researchers – and with the operation’s software team - on the development of new products, services and techniques.
- A Law Clinic where LegalTech innovation and collaboration can be supported, leading to the scoping, development and deployment of apps and platforms that support access to justice.
- Collaboration spaces that can be used for engagements with research partners from industry, academia, NGOs, law enforcement and charities.