How we plan to improve accessibility in Canvas
Our accessibility roadmap shows how and when we plan to improve accessibility on canvas.swan.ac.uk:
- Review the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) Accessibility Audit on annual basis to assess conformance to WCAG 2.1 standards.
- Work with Canvas and LTI providers to address accessibility issues raised through our internal audit and testing of sample pages.
- Work with content editors to educate them on accessibility best practice regarding use of headers, image alternative, provide sources when diagrams are used and work to reduce use of images with text in them.
- Communicate any serious accessibility concerns and issues raised directly from end users to Canvas and LTI providers for them to be addressed as soon as possible.
- Investigate processes to monitor and automate accessibility compliance testing of the Canvas platform to establish a culture of continuous improvement with accessibility in the university.
This work will be undertaken over the next 12 months.