Achieve your degree while pursuing sporting success
Our Swansea University Sport Scholarship aims to support talented student athletes who are competing at the highest levels in their chosen sport.
What do Swansea University Sport Scholars Get?
Our sport scholars are provided with a personalised package of support to meet their individual situation and needs. This may include:
- Free access to the University gyms and swimming pool.
- Free on-site parking on both Singleton and Bay Campus.
- Individual strength and conditioning training.
- Anti-doping education.
- Individualised sports injury rehabilitation.
- Performance lifestyle support.
- Performance analysis access.
- Sports psychology support.
- Nutritional support.
- Fitness testing.
- Academic flexibility and support provided through the Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS).
- A series of workshops designed to support the demands of balancing a dual career, enhancing performance and supporting employability and future career planning.
- Financial support (of up to £2000).
Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS)
Here at Swansea University, we are proud to be leading the way in supporting talented athletes in education in Wales. We were the first Welsh University to be accredited by the Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS) and have been awarded TASS Dual Career Accreditation, which recognises our commitment to supporting student athletes to excel in both academia and sport while studying at Swansea.
Dual Career Accreditation represents a unique partnership between support services and academic staff from across the University, and demonstrates our commitment to ensuring dual career pathways are available to student athletes.
We believe that by providing academic flexibility, as well as the correct environment and support, student athletes can thrive and fulfil both their sporting and educational potential.