The Academies Directorate is comprised of four University Academies with an Education remit within their specialist focus of strategic leadership, expertise, and operational delivery:
- the Swansea Employability Academy (SEA)
- the Swansea Academy for Learning and Teaching (SALT)
- the Swansea Academy for Academic Success (SAAS) and
- the Swansea Academy of Inclusivity (SAI).
The Directorate is led by the Deputy Pro Vice Chancellor for Education (Academies).
Each Academy has a leadership structure with the larger Academies having distinct teams which are identified on their individual organisational web pages, charts, and statements of service to the wider institutional community and its Faculties.
The core mission of each Academy is –
- the Swansea Employability Academy (SEA): to deliver professional graduate employment outcomes, through the provision of a wide-range of employability development and employment opportunities to Swansea University students and graduates;
- the Swansea Academy for Learning and Teaching (SALT): to shape and support teaching development so that Swansea continues to be recognised for its outstanding learning and teaching environment, driving a positive impact on the student experience;
- the Swansea Academy for Academic Success (SAAS): to support the academic success of every Swansea University student, by enabling independent learning, improving transition to, through and from university, and positively impacting student experience and outcomes;
- the Swansea Academy of Inclusivity (SAI): working with colleagues across Swansea University to ensure inclusive learning, teaching and assessment is accessible to all; all students have access to the opportunities available; and all students are supported to reach their full potential.