Branch Team and Structure
Chair of Swansea Branch: Dr Alwena Morgan
Branch Officer and Committee Secretary: Indeg Llewelyn Owen
Student Representation: Macsen Davies, Welsh Affairs Officer, Swansea University Students' Union
Membership of the branch is open to any academic staff or support staff who is a member of the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol. Two Branch forums are held each academic year and one Annual Assembly. The Branch ensures that the voice of the academic community is reflected in the development of Swansea University's Welsh medium academic plans and the Coleg Cymraeg.
The Swansea University Students' Union Welsh Affairs Officer represents the University's students at the Branch meetings and on the Academic Board of the Coleg Cymraeg. The Branch ensures representation and input from students to the academic planning processes of the Branch through student forums. The Students' Union Welsh Affairs Officer is Chair of the student Forums.
Forum Dates and the Annual Branch Meeting
- Staff Forum: October 18th, 2023, and May 1st, 2024
- Annual Branch Meeting: December 6th, 2023
- Student Forum: October 16th, 2023, and March 18th, 2024
- Postgraduate Student Forum: November 13th, 2023, and April 22nd, 2024
Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol Ambassadors 2024-25
Being an ambassador gives students the opportunity to promote the Welsh language within their university as well as being part of the Coleg Cymraeg's marketing work to promote the continuation of the use of the Welsh language from school to the workplace. This work includes events, school visits, blogs, interviews and work on social websites.
- Cara Medi Walters: BA Welsh
- Daisy Gwyneth Bendle: Welsh Second language
- Sara Niamh O'Connor: Midwifery
- Emily Louise Evans: Welsh PhD
- Megan Kendall: Materials and Manufacturing Engineering PhD
- Maisie Edwards: Medical Studies and Healthcare through Research PhD
- Siwan Davies: Professional Legal Practice Course
- Sally Ann Nicholls: Welsh language education in the early years